Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Snowy Day


Title: The Snowy Day

Author: Ezra Keats was one of the most important children's literature author of the 20th Century. The Snowy Day was a Caldecott-Winning book.

Publisher: Viking Juvenile (1996)

Genre: Fiction

Grade Level: 1-2

Brief Synopsis: This is a s tory about a little boy taking an adventure through the snow. When he returns home he tells his mom all about his adventure. When he goes to bed that night he has a dream that all the snow has melted away. When he wakes up he realizes his dream was not true because it was snowing out.

Theme/Skill
: Activities throughout the winter season/Language Arts/Science

Pre-activity: Create a concept map about the activities you can do in the winter time.

Post-activity
:Have the students write three to four sentences about their favorite winter activity. They can then draw a picture of their activity and share it with the class.

My Refection of the book persuading people to read it:
I have loved this book ever since I was a young child. I have always enjoyed my mother reading it to me. I think it is a great book for children who live in Central New York because they can relate to the snow and the little boy in the story. I also like this book because as an educator you can do so many activities after reading the story to your students.

No comments:

Post a Comment