Sunday, September 11, 2011

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

Title: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

Author: Bill Martin Jr went on to earn his doctorate degree in early childhood education from Northwestern University in 1961 John Archambault wrote this book and dedicated it to his son 15 years ago.

Publisher: Beach Lane Books (2000)

Genre: Fiction

Grade Level: 1-4

Brief Synopsis: This is a children's book about the letters of the alphabet. Throughout the book there is a lot of rhyming to grab the students attention.

Theme/Skill: Creativity/Rhyming using the alphabet letters/Language Arts

Pre-activity: Have the students create a KWL chart as a class before reading the story.

Post-activity: Finish filling out the KWL chart after reading the story as a class.

My Refection of the book persuading people to read it:

I have always enjoyed reading this book. I have read it since I was a little girl in elementary school. I enjoy the storyline with the alphabet letters and the rhyming that occurs throughout the story.I think this story uses appropriate speech patterns and follows a sequence of rhyming events.




1 comment:

  1. This was my favorite book as a child! It has such great sounds and is a wonderful alphabet book.

    ReplyDelete